Before moving into consultancy, Jackie was in primary education for over twenty five years.
She has taught in four primary schools and a primary PRU (all ages from Reception to Year Six), with a focus on Behaviour and SEND in her roles as deputy head and SENCO.
As well as qualified teacher status, Jackie has the following qualifications:
- Restorative Justice facilitator
- CAF Champion
- TeamTeach (accredited)
- She has had training in and practical experience of :
- Nurture Groups
- BOXALL and Beyond the BOXALL
- ASC and Sensory Processing
- Harm-Ed (self harm training)
- She has delivered INSET and advice forums to mainstream schools and the PRU on:
- Mental Health
- Behaviour and SEND
- Whole school behaviour policies
- Preventative strategies in managing exclusion
Jackie is passionate about helping schools avoid exclusion where possible as she knows what a profound effect it can have on young children.
She is inspired daily by a comment from an eight year old boy who wrote in her memory book: